Classically trained as a conductor for the orchestra, opera, ballet, and choir, Peter Kohrman is passionate about uniting ensembles towards a single goal and enthusiastically coaxing the maximum potential from each performer.
Proud to call the concert hall his home, Peter is privileged to have observed and collaborated with some of the world’s finest conductors and musicians. He learned early in his career that the real magic happens due to everyone’s effort and that a conductor’s role — technicalities aside — is to create an environment that enables everyone to perform at their peak. Peter proudly carries this tradition of collaboration and etiquette with him in all aspects of life!
For recording sessions, when time is at a maximum premium and excellence is essential from the start, Peter is experienced with conducting and directing sessions with a calm demeanor and decisive pace. Cutting his teeth in New York’s studios, Peter learned to thrive and navigate the adrenaline filled time-race.
Inquiries regarding rates may be directed here! No matter how big or small, each project has its own set of resources and requirements; so, to best accommodate them, Peter prefers to evaluate these all on an individual basis.
• Scott Speck (Music Director – Joffrey Ballet, Chicago Philharmonic, Mobile Symphony, West Michigan Symphony.)
• Andy Anderson (Former Music Director – Mobile Opera.)
• Laura Moore (Chair of Music – University of South Alabama. Chorus Master – Mobile Opera.)
• Harold Farberman (Founder – Conductors’ Guild, Conductors’ Institute.)
• Apo Hsu (Conductors' Institute. NTNU Conducting Studio.)
• David LaMarche (Conductor – American Ballet Theatre. Music Director – Jose Limón Company.)
Church (Music Director – Broadway’s The Lion King, The Who’s Tommy.)