Peter Kohrman is a musical-Swiss army knife passionate for ethnomusicology and creating transcendental musical experiences for film and videogames. Peter has almost ten years of professional work experience in:
composition, conducting, orchestration, audio engineering, music preparation, music technology,
and sound design.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Extremely proficient with Cubase, Protools, Logic, DP, Reaper, and VEP.
• Extremely proficient with Dorico, Finale, and Sibelius.
• Extremely proficient with Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, and other team organization software.
• Extremely proficient with handling and transferring sensitive data and assets.
• Extremely proficient with both hardware and software synthesizers.
• Extremely proficient managing deadlines and working within a team environment.
• Extremely proficient producing and coordinating recording sessions — remote or in-person.
• Extremely proficient in developing non-linear music systems and compositions.
• Proficient with working and implementing within Wwise and Fmod.
• Extremely proficient with computers and technology: I have built all my computers.
• Experience coding C++ and C#; still learning Python.
• Experience coding and developing in Unreal Engine 4 and Unity.
Masters of Music Theory & Composition:
Scoring for Film and Multimedia
(Summa Cum Laude) 05/2020
New York University
35 W. 4th Street, Suite 1077
New York, NY, 10012
Bachelor ’s of Music:
Focus in Piano Performance
(Summa Cum Laude) 05/2018
University of South Alabama
307 N University Blvd
Mobile, Alabama, 36688
Independent Conducting and Score Study:
Academic Awards and Internships:
• Graduate Assistant — NYU Screen Scoring Program
• Summer Intern at the 2019 NYU Summer Workshops (Film Scoring, Television, Video games, Advertisements)
• Recipient of the Society of Composers and Lyricists 2019 Fall NY Mentor Program
• Winner of the 2019 NYU Film Score Composition Competition
• Competed as the only American finalist in the Junior Division at the 8th Annual International Antonin Dvorak Composition Competition in Prague, Czech Republic 2017
• Colleague at the 2016 Summer Bard Conductor’s Institute at Bard Conservatory
• Recording Technology and Teaching Assistant — University of South Alabama Music Department